Deadline: August 1, 2022.
Energy IRC Small Grants Scheme Application 2022 for University of Cambridge Applicants
Applications are now open for the Energy IRC Small Grants Scheme Application 2022 for Cambridge University Applicants. This is a £13,000 fund supports new small collaborative multi-disciplinary projects each of value up to £2k between 2 or more researchers working in different departments or schools on the theme of energy transitions to achieve net zero carbon by 2050.
Examples of activities that the fund might support include: a visit to a data archive relevant to a contemporary energy policy study, an overseas field trip to a developing country to conduct interviews with energy stakeholders, a presentation at an interdisciplinary conference, outreach event etc.
Energy IRC Small Grants scheme especially seek to develop partnerships that involve:
- The Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities partnering with other disciplines
- Involve researchers that have not previously been awarded a small grant from the Isaac Newton Trust
- Engage early career researchers and PhD students
IRC welcome projects which include aspects of AI/data science, although this is not obligatory.
1. Increase the number of researchers engaged in collaborative energy transitions activities
2. Joint publications between researchers from different departments
3. Applications for joint funding to a wider range of funders
4. Engage different disciplines in contributing to Energy transitions research activities
5. Link to the activities of other SRIs/IRCs e.g. the Global Challenges and the Public Policy SRIs
Grants will typically support a 1 to 3 month collaboration and the funds will need to be spent by 31 December 2022. Applications will be selected by members from the Energy IRC Executive Committee. Financial support from the Isaac Newton Trust/ Energy Policy Research Group (EPRG)/ NERC Discipline Hopping for Environmental Solutions Grant should be acknowledged in any outputs from a grant under this scheme.
- The Call is open to University of Cambridge applicants only.
How to Apply
All completed application forms must be received by 1 August 2022. If you are interested in applying but do not already have a collaborator in mind, please contact us and we can help put you in touch with other researchers wishing to collaborate.
To apply, please contact [email protected] to receive the application form.