Deadline: September 9, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
EMILY’s List Ignite Change Fellowship Programme 2022
The EMILY’s List Ignite Change Fellowship is a nine-week virtual initiative to train deeply engaged community leaders and advocates on developing their political skills and confidence in potentially running for office.
EMILY’s List’s mission is to support the election of Democratic pro-choice women. The fellowship is designed to develop the next generation of Democratic pro-choice candidates by facilitating the leadership of applicants from historically underserved communities, including, by way of example, women of color, LGBTQ+ women and non-binary people, women from rural communities, and women with disabilities.
Through the program, EMILY’s List develops fellows’ leadership and campaign skills through training, mentorship, and relationship building. The program accepts 30 people to the fellowship to create a cohort of deeply committed fellows.
For the duration of the nine week program, the support fellows can expect from EMILY’s List includes:
- Five webinars/trainings on the nuts and bolts of running for office, messaging, fundraising, storytelling, and relationship building
- Handouts and practice time on technical skills learned through the webinars
- Two to three one-on-one meetings with EMILY’s List training staff
- Peer support through the Ignite Change Fellows cohort
- Access to an alumni network of past and future Ignite Change fellows
EMILY’s List is looking for applicants who share Democratic values and are pro-choice. In particular, we are looking for candidates who are community leaders and come from historically underserved communities, including, by way of example, women of color, LGBTQ+ women and non-binary people, women from rural communities, and women with disabilities. Applicants should additionally exhibit the following attributes:
- Experience serving as an organizational leader or advocate in their community
- An eagerness to potentially run for office in the future
- No prior or current history of being a candidate or running for office
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply here by September 9, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Applicants should submit either written applications or video submissions, not both. Again, written submissions are strongly preferred. If applicants submit both written and video submissions, only the written applications will be reviewed and we will note a lack of observance of these instructions.