Deadline: 7th June 2022 (midnight on 6th June 2022).
Embassy of France in Uganda and Schlumberger Uganda-SMC Limited Master’s Scholarships (academic years 2022-2023 & 2023-2024) in France.
The Embassy of France in Uganda and Schlumberger Uganda-SMC Limited are committed to funding two Master’s scholarships (academic years 2022-2023 and 2023-2024) in France.
The programmes, taught 100% in English, have been identified by the Embassy and Schlumberger and can be downloaded here. The start of the academic year will be in September and according to a timetable that will be specified to the shortlisted candidates.
- Be a Ugandan national
- Be no more than 30 years old at the time of application
- Be studying or have studied in a field of study consistent with the disciplines covered by the programme (see below)
- Have obtained excellent academic results (GPA A: 80-100, 5.0 – 4.0)
- Have a very good level of English (C1-C2); knowledge of French would be an asset
Level of education
- Bachelor’s degrés obtained or in thé process of being obtained at the time of submitting the application.
Fields of study
- Engineering (petroleum, energy, industrial procedures, production)
Applicants are requested to send their applications in electronic format before 7th June 2022 (midnight on 6th June 2022).
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]. The title of the e-mail message must include the candidate’s first and last name.
An acknowledgement of receipt of the complete application will be sent by e-mail.
To be considered complete, the e-mail must include the following documents:
- 1. Application form to be downloaded and filled in
- 2. Application letter from the student (1 page maximum) specifying the adequacy of the training aimed at with the professional project
- 3. Letter of recommendation from a professor at the home University
- 4. Academic file: copies of diplomas and certified University transcripts from the first year of the course
- 5. Detailed curriculum vitae
- 6. Identity document, if possible a valid passport
- 7. Document relating to the applicant’s financial situation (certificate of current study grant, salary slips or bank statements of the student or parents)
- 8. If applicable, a diploma attesting to the candidate’s level of French (TCF/Eva Lang/DELF/DALF)
- 7 June 2022: A joint selection committee will examine the applications (only complete files will be examined)
- 10 June 2022: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Embassy of France for an interview.
- 11 June 2022: Candidates will then be informed by email of the outcome of their application
The scholarship programme offers the following benefits:
- Status of “French Government Scholarship Holder” (and related benefits)
- Accompaniment by the embassy during the visa application procedure + free visa
- A return air ticket for the duration of the Master’s programme
- Full coverage of training costs
- Facilitated obtaining of a French residence permit
- Full social security coverage
- Easy access to student accommodation at subsidized prices and receipt, on request, of the personalized housing allowance (APL)
- Monthly stipend covering transport, food and leisure activities