Deadline: 26 May 2023
DSAC – NYDA Young Creatives Programme 2023
The Department of Sport, Arts & Culture (DSAC) in partnership with National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) are looking to recruit young people in the Creative & Cultural Industries to enter a one year National Youth Service Programme called The Young Creatives Programme, mobilising communities and engaging youth in arts and culture.
Monthly stipend: R4000
The successful applicants will be required to fulfil the following functions:
- Implement arts and cultural activities in both Community Arts Centre and schools;
- Mobilise schools and youth formations to be part of The Young Creatives Programme and activities at the Community Arts Centre and their community;
- Implement, coordinate and support The Young Creatives Programme events in the community;
- Maintain relationships with local community organisations and other community youth groups in the community;
- Administer the monitoring of The Young Creatives Programme implementation in schools and at the Community Arts Centre;
- Commit to personal development and growth.
- Grade 12 Certificate, tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Must be from the creative and cultural sector.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- English and local language proficiency.
- Strong communication and youth development background.
- Self-initiator, pro-activeness, with attention to detail.
- Display ability to role model.
Application details per province: Email the summarised copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the Provincial Coordinator as follows:
1. FREE STATE: [email protected].
2. NORTHERN CAPE: [email protected].
3. KZN: [email protected].
4. EASTERN CAPE: [email protected].
5. LIMPOPO: [email protected].
6. GAUTENG: [email protected].
7. WESTERN CAPE: [email protected].
8. NORTH WEST: [email protected]/ [email protected].