Deadline: 8th April, 2022.
DOT Kenya Community Leadership program 2022 (BUSINESS plus ICT) for Kenyans
DOT – Digital Opportunity Trust Kenya seeks to engage young vibrant leaders from different parts of the country to be part of our (DOT Kenya) Community Leadership Program.
The Community Leadership Program (BUSINESS plus ICT ), is a one year trainer program that offers highly motivated youth with a desire to impact their communities an opportunity to be exposed to the mission of DOT. It not only allows youth to bring new perspectives, creativity and innovative skills, ICT skills but also get an opportunity for professional development. It is to enhance CVs with practical work experience and transition into new opportunities.
Through this program, the Community Leadership will get the opportunity to deliver DOT Kenya’s Business plus ICT track program to youth and women in local communities with an emphasis on targeting 70% women participants, actively advance Business plus ICT track program activities through effective and efficient delivery of the program including partnership & alliance building and support participants to digitally enable their business prior to completion of the training.
DOT Kenya has been in operation for over 10 years with a focus on empowering youth and women at the bottom tier of the pyramid. We aim to support, at scale, underserved young people, particularly young women, to overcome the digital divide by empowering them with digital literacy, 21st century skills, and the self-confidence that will enable them to thrive in an inclusive digital economy.
DOT Kenya has been running youth-led programs focused on sustainable economic growth since 2005. DOT Kenya has been running youth-led programs focused on sustainable economic growth since 2005.
Requirements for the DOT Kenya Community Leadership program 2022
- A young woman, between the ages of 18 and 34 years
- Be a university graduate
- Have above average ICT skills and specifically microsoft office suite: advanced excel and Google Suite skills
- Have experience and knowledge in managing or working with groups, community engagement and community mobilization
- A good understanding of trends, innovations and challenges affecting the new/emerging businesses.
- Creative/innovative – able to develop new and unique ways to improve the way young people view and do business.
- Demonstrated ability to create business networks and linkages;
- Facilitation/training and report writing Western & Nyanza, Central, Rift valley, Coast ( Kilifi, Taita Taveta, & Kwale).
- Own digital tool such as a smartphone, and access to a computer.