Django CMS 2022 Fellowship Program – Worldwide
Applications are now open for the Django CMS 2022 Fellowship Program. The django CMS Fellowship Program is an initiative to take django CMS to the next level. 2 years since the launch of the django CMS Association, django CMS have finally been able to secure enough funding to take the next step. Under the Fellowship Program, a paid contractor will take on some of the administrative and community management tasks of the django CMS project to support its rapid development.
Expected workload: min 80 h per month
Experience: Deep technical understanding of Django / django CMS / Python, expertise in software architecture, at least 5 years of professional experience as a software developer, proven significant involvement in the django CMS ecosystem (i.e. as a contributor)
- Answering technical contributor questions on our channels (Discourse, Slack, Stackoverflow)
- Helping new Django contributors land patches and learn our philosophy
- Monitoring the [email protected] email alias and ensuring security issues are acknowledged and responded to promptly
- Responsibility for releases, fixing release blockers and helping to ensure timely releases
- Fixing severe bugs and helping to backport fixes to these and security issues
- Reviewing and merging pull requests on github
- Triaging tickets on github
- Responsibility for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / automated release building of projects in github.com/django-cms
What are the community advantages of the Django CMS Fellowship program?
- Regular and stable django CMS releases
- Faster reviews of PR submitted by the community
- Quicker issue management (bug fixing, monitoring)
- Innovative product features and improvements
Benefits for the fellow
- Gain lots of experience and work for a good cause
- Reputation in the Django community
- Knowledge sharing with a great team of django CMS experts
- Visibility in a large network of agencies and enterprises
- Open source is fun
The fellow participates in the project for a few months and earns community recognition for their efforts.