Deadline: 10h of June, 2022.
Directorate of Legal Affairs | CBIC Internship Program 2022 for Law Students and Law Graduates of India
The Directorate of Legal Affairs, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) is entrusted with defending all indirect taxes matters (Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and GST) before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. The Directorate hereby invites applications for internship for the F.Y 2022-23.
- Law students who have completed the 2nd year of a 3-year LLB course/5-year integrated LLB course.
- Law graduates who have completed 3-year LLB course/5-year integrated LLB course for not more than two years.
Scope of internship for the Directorate of Legal Affairs | CBIC Internship Program 2022 for Law Students and Law Graduates of India
The internship shall take place in Delhi. The interns are expected to study case files, assist in legal research and drafting of petitions, briefing the counsels and extend any other related legal/general assistance to officers/ counsels. The interns may also accompany the departmental officers to the briefing meetings, if needed. The interns will be deployed in
different sections of legal establishment in CBIC.
Terms of internship
Maximum ten law students and ten law graduates (total twenty) will be taken at a time for internship. The internship is
likely to commence from 01/07/2022.
- The Law students shall be taken as interns for 1 to 2 months and will receive a stipend of Rs.5,000/-per month on satisfactory conduct of internship.
- The Law graduates shall be taken as interns for upto 6 months and will receive a stipend of Rs.15,000/- per month on satisfactory conduct of internship.
- Preference shall be given to students/graduates of reputed institutions.
- On satisfactory completion of internship, a Certificate of Internship shall be awarded. For satisfactory completion interalia 90% attendance is mandatory. This is a full time internship to be attended physically and the interns are not expected to pursue any other course/work during the tenure of internship.
How To Apply
Eligible & willing candidates may furnish their application in the attached form by email to [email protected] by 10h of June, 2022. Selected candidates shall be informed by email. No further communication shall be made with rest of candidates.