Department of Defence Force Opportunities 2022 for South Africans
Department of Defence Force – Do you have your ABET or Grade 12/Matric certificate with relevant computer skills? The Department of Defence is looking for suitable candidates in various departments.
Various Vacancies for the Department of Defence Force Opportunities 2022
- A minimum of NQF Level 1 (ABET Level 1-4/Grade 3 – 9/Standard 1 -7).
- Applicants with prior learning, either by means of experience or alternative courses may also apply
- Special Requirements (skills needed): Basis Numeracy, Basic interpersonal relationship, organising skills and basic literacy skills.
- NQF level 4 (Grade 12) Secretarial experiences will be an advantage.
- Application with prior learning, either by means of experience or alternative courses may also apply.
- Special requirements (Skills needed): Knowledge of general office administration, ability to operate an efficient an organised office, strong interpersonal skills,
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint),
- Proficiency in English (read, write and speak) Co-ordination, good typing and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
How To Apply
- CLOSING DATE: 19 April 2022 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
- This Department is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which endeavors to apply representivity and gender equality. Disabled persons are especially invited to apply. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service Department office i.e effective 01 January 2021.
- Should an application be received using incorrect application employment form Z83, it will be disqualified), which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience) and clear copies of original educational qualification certificates, ID document and Driver’s license (where applicable).
- Such copies need not be certified when applying for a post, only shortlisted candidates for the post will be required to submit certified documents which should not be older than six months on or before the day of the interview. Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified.
- The Z83 must also contain the correct post reference number (as indicated in the advertisement). Under no circumstances will Photostat copies or faxed copies of application documents be accepted.
- The successful candidate will be subjected to Personal Suitability Checks (criminal record-, citizenship- & financial/asset record checks and qualification and employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. In filling vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (l) of the Constitution of SA, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) must be adhered to. The staffing policy of the Department of Defence (i.e. C PERS/DODI 8/99) and the content of letter HR SUP CEN/(PSAP)R/102/1/14 dd 01 Aug 02 must be taken into account.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date for applications must accept that their applications were unsuccessful. Kindly note that, due to the expected large volume of applications to be processed, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Candidates who are short-listed and who receive invitations to attend the final Selection Board and who require more information as to the requirements of the posts and what would be expected from the appointee, may request a copy of the Delegation of Duties from the person indicated for enquiries in the advertisements.
- Successful applicants will be appointed on probation for an initial period of 12 months and are also expected to obtain a Department of Defence (DOD) security clearance.
- Should the probation report at the end of the period be positive, the appointment will be made permanent.
- Candidates with foreign qualifications must, at their own expenses, submit their certificates to the South African Qualification Authority for evaluation. Candidates with foreign qualifications must, at their own expenses, submit their certificates to the South African Qualification Authority for evaluation.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified.