Deadline: 31st of August 2022
Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation Public Policy Course 2022
Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation has created a special one-week (5 days) intensive training course to equip young scholars with critical thinking about free enterprise, government transparency, and fiscal accountability. The course has been specifically designed to:
- Build participants’ capacity on how to run a business;
- Raise participants’ awareness of main challenges facing businesses;
- Improve participants’ skills in policy analysis and research methods, both qualitative and quantitative;
- Enhance participants’ ability to promote evidence-based public policy through the writing of sound op-eds, policy briefs and reports;
- Train participants in the process of planning an effective political advocacy campaign;
- Train participants on how to advocate for change.
- Equip participants with the skills and techniques to critically appraise policies and make actionable recommendations; and;
- Improve the ability of participants to effectively disseminate research findings through various communication channels.
The training will be done in English and French. So, participants will be expected to understand both languages as there will be no simultaneous translation.
- Training is limited to? twenty-five (25)? young scholars Cameroonians, both male and female
- Participants shall also be engaged with the different policy divisions at the Nkafu Policy Institute throughout the training period.
- They shall focus, amongst other things, on carrying out research to educate the public on the benefits of a free enterprise system in Cameroon, through newspaper articles and short policy papers.
- A full-time position at the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation may be awarded to one or two candidates who will have distinguished themselves during the training.
Eligibility for the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation Public Policy Course 2022
- Young faculty members and leaders of civil society organizations.
- Recent graduates and Ph.D. students interested in pursuing careers in public policy.
- Managers in the public sector, in ministries and other development organizations.
- Young journalists, bloggers, web influencers, etc. who want to contribute to the promotion of free enterprise ideas.
How To Apply
All applications are completed online.
Click here to complete your online application