Deadline: March 31st, 2022 at 11:59pm.
Curtis Fellowship Programme 2022 for South Africans
The 2022 Curtis Fellowship is an annual leadership development program to support youth ages 18-21 from underserved communities in South Africa who embody the values of global citizenship.
Curtis Fellows will further develop their professional and personal development through an innovative and engaging curriculum. After completion, fellows will receive letters of recommendation, guidance on future endeavours and stay connected with other Curtis Fellow alumni.
Supported by members of the Global Citizen staff, the Curtis Fellows will explore social issues and innovative international organisations with a focus on poverty alleviation in Global Citizen’s issue areas.
- Ages 18-21 (by time of application)
- Limited travel experience
- Family household income of under R 120 000
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay to [email protected] answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a teacher/professor, school administrator, community leader, or colleague to be considered for the Curtis Fellowship.
- Guidelines for Recommendation letter
- Applications close March 31st, 2022 11:59 PM SAST.