Deadline: August 2022 23:59 CEST
Creative Industries Fund and Prince Claus Fund Application 2023
Creative Industries Fund and Prince Claus Fund invites emerging artist, designer, creative, or thinker whose individual practice relates to design, public space, architecture, activism, policy, and the digital space to apply for this funding program.
You are eligible for this program if:
- You have ±5-12 years of relevant professional experience;
- You are from, living, registered and working in Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Egypt, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Chad, South Africa, or South-Sudan;
- And you are an emerging artist, designer, creative, or thinker whose individual practice relates to design, public space, architecture, activism, policy, and the digital space.
- The Creative Industries Fund and Prince Claus Fund hold a broad disciplinary understanding of arts and culture. With artists and cultural practitioners we mean people who have an individual artistic practice. Individuals who are arts managers, facilitators, academic researchers or other, without an individual artistic practice are not considered to fall under this category, and as such are not eligible to apply.
*Please note that previous grantees of the Prince Claus Fund are not eligible to apply unless their previous project is finished and closed before the end of 2022.
We aim to ensure the selection of participants is done in a fair and transparent manner, according to clear criteria and process where due consideration is given to all proposals that meet our eligibility requirements. The process is as follows:
Phase 1: Intake and Evaluation of Applications
The Programme Committee of the Creative Industries Fund-NL and the Prince Claus Fund evaluate all eligible applications according to the assessment criteria outlined below, and select a short-list of the most eligible applications.
Phase 2: External Evaluations
The short-listed applications are assessed by a group of external advisors, who are experts in the thematic focus of the call and represent the regional focus. Additionally the applicants’ references are approached.
Phase 3: Decision Making
Based on the outcomes of the external assessments, the Programme Committee makes a final selection of award recipients. In the selection special attention is paid to diversity, geographical spread, focus of work, level of engagement with the subject matter, and quality of practice.
All applicants are informed of the outcome of their application by the end mid-November 2022.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF APPLICATIONS
The following criteria are used for assessing applications:
- Original: the work is innovative and artistically interesting
- Transformative: the work engages with pressing social/political issues, is challenging and thought-provoking, and aims to create lasting change
- Context-specific: the work is important in and relevant to the local context
- Inclusive: the work is linked to the ultimate aim of more inclusive societies, connecting people in ways that resist marginalisation, oppression and division
- Impactful: the award will make a real difference to the professional development, engagement and impact of the individual’s practice
- Potential to Accelerate: the individual has the potential to become a leader in the field, the work is engaged and focused on relevant social issues within context
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this opportunity through our online application system. The application includes questions relating to the programme and your practice, a concept outline of work to be developed within the mentorship, a portfolio of previous work, and a pitch/motivation.
*Please note that due to the nature of the programme we can only accept applications in the English language.
To apply you need to:
- Create an account on the Prince Claus Awards Platform and start a new submission for the Prince Claus Mentorship Award: Building Beyond
- Fill in all required fields and attachments. You can save the application and complete it later up until the deadline. If you have any questions along the way, please refer to our FAQ or e-mail us at [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is 4 August 2022 23:59 CEST. We understand that many people have intermittent access to the internet, or unstable connections, but please keep this in mind when planning your submission. We encourage you not to wait until the last day with submitting as our online system will close automatically on the deadline and we cannot accept any applications after that point
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation once your submission has been successfully received in the Prince Claus Awards Platform
We will let you know about the outcome of your application by mid-November 2022.