Deadline: 17h00 on 03 February 2023.
Competition Tribunal South Africa Vacancies 2023
The Competition Tribunal was established in terms of the Competition Act No. 89 of 1998. It is responsible for adjudicating prohibited practice and merger cases.
In terms of section 35 of the Competition Act, 1998, the Chairperson of the Competition Tribunal hereby invites applications for the following position in the Tribunal (Pretoria).
Case Manager (2 positions)
Total Cost to Company Annual Salary Starting at R 828, 201
Reporting to the Head of Case Management, the incumbent will be required to work closely with other Case Managers, Registry and Tribunal Members in facilitating the adjudicative role of the Competition Tribunal and the management of Tribunal cases allocated to the case manager. The role shall include the following:
- Researching specific legal, procedural, jurisdictional matters and broader competition law issues.
- Liaising with external parties including lawyers, trade unions and other stakeholders in preparation for hearings.
- Ensure that Tribunal Members are informed of developments in competition law and public policy in other jurisdictions and in scholarly publications.
- Assist Tribunal panel members by providing pre- and post-hearing briefings on cases.
- Conduct case specific background research to facilitate Tribunal hearings.
- Assist Tribunal panel members in drafting Reasons.
- Assist Head of Case Management in updating the Tribunal electronic database and jurisprudence.
- Assist Head of Case Management in preparing and delivering seminars on new developments from cases.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
- The applicant must have a minimum of an LLB degree. Completion of articles would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Competition Act 89 of 1998 is essential.
- Research experience using electronic media is required.
- Working experience of minimum 5 years in competition law is essential.
- Other work experience in related fields will serve as an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
Please email your cover letter and CV to: [email protected] stating the position that you are applying for on the subject line.
Enquiries can be directed to Bellah Kekana at [email protected]. Applications must be submitted no later than 17h00 on 03 February 2023.
Applicants must consider themselves unsuccessful if they have not received communication from the Competition Tribunal two weeks after the closing date.
The Tribunal respects diversity and is an equal opportunity and employment equity employer.
For more information, please click here