Deadline: 16th August 2022.
BIRAC Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG) Program 2022 for Indians (50 Lakhs for 18 months)
BIRAC Big Grant – Applications are now open for the BIRAC Biotechnology Ignition Grant Program 2022. Applying for BIRAC’s flagship program “BIG”, brings you a grant-in-aid support of 50 Lakhs to boost budding startups & innovators trying to enter the industry thrust areas supported under the program.
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Agriculture and allied areas
- MedTech Devices and Diagnostics
- Veterinary Sciences
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Waste Management and Sanitation
- Drugs, Vaccines, and Drug Delivery
- Clean Energy and Environment
- Business mentoring from industry
- Networking Opportunities & Market Access
- Office space & access E to state-of-the-art lab facilities
- Connect with Govt funds, leading Angels & VCs
- In house IP, Legal, Finance, HR & Tech Transfer Support
- Individual Entrepreneur with Graduate Degree in any discipline, Research Scholar, Scientist, Faculty
- Startup having a PVT company/LLP incorporated on/after 1st July 2017
Please read the following instructions carefully before applying:
1 .) APPLYING AS A COMPANY
i.) The ‘Company’ registration includes:
- * Private organisations
- * Public organisations
- * Section 8 companies
- * Not-for-profit
- * For-profit
- * Limited Liability partnerships
ii.) While registering for the application, the company name may be present in the drop down list, if you have applied to BIRAC schemes prior to this.
iii.) If not, you will be redirected to a registration page, where you will register your company details.
iv.) Please note that only MCA verified Companies are eligible for application.
v.) Once step ii is completed, the registration details will be cross checked and verified, which will take a minimum of 24 hours. Only once verified will the name of your company appear in the drop down list mentioned in point (i).
vi.) Please wait and check that the name has appeared after registration of the company and then continue applying.
2 .) APPLYING AS AN INDIVIDUAL
i.) Please note that Individuals who are applying for any BIRAC schemes are mandatorily required to be incubated at a recognized Incubation Center.
145 ideas already supported.
If you have an innovative idea having potential for commercialization, CLICK HERE TO APPLY