Deadline: Monday, 28th May
ASSEK Agriculture Business Hackathon Application 2023
GIZ’s AgriJobs4Youth initiative aims to create opportunities and empower young people to build their livelihoods through gainful salaried employment or self-employment in agribusiness.
In implementing the AJ4Y, ASSEK aims to address business environment topics, strengthen institutional capacities of enterprise support organizations, promote entrepreneurship culture, and incubate promising ideas in the Agri-Food sector in select counties in Western Kenya.
In view of this, ASSEK is looking to engage individuals/organizations to be part of the Hackathon on innovations that address the most pressing social challenges or emerging opportunities within the Agriculture sector for Western Kenya.
- Youth Entrepreneur, age 18-35 (women, people living disabilities encouraged to apply)
- An innovative idea to solve one of the three challenges: Value Addition, Market Linkages, or Digitisation
- Target Location: Bungoma, Kakamega, Kisumu, Siaya, and Vihiga counties
- Highly encouraged: Solutions that have a youth and gender inclusion lens to be integrated in the solution.
Prizes & Benefits
Winning teams are eligible for the following prizes:
- 6 weeks fully funded incubation program
- Mentoring and expert advice
- Networking and showcasing opportunities
- Increased brand visibility and exposure
- Facilitating relevant partnerships
- Monitoring and evaluation support
The Hackathon will take place in Kisumu from 7th to 9th June 2023.