Deadline: August 2nd, 2022
Antler and Nation Media Group 2022 Call for Content or Media Startups in Africa
Applications are now open for the Antler and Nation Media Group 2022 Call for Content or Media Startups in Africa. Antler & Nation Media Group are calling for startups solving critical problems for Africa, where community building and provisioning of content are core to the company’s strategy.
Depending on the need and stage of the startup, companies can get funding from Antler East Africa and/or Nation Media Group, individualised coaching, media planning, and exposure to fuel their growth.
In addition to an investment, selected startups will have
- Access to $350k+ in top-tier tech-platform credits
- Access to our global network of 500+ advisors and experts
They are accepting applications from founders tackling deep, relevant, and ambitious problem statements.
- Are tech-enabled and scalable
- Are at any stage of the funding cycle
- Operate in the content generation or media space
- Ideally, generate content targeting specific audiences
About Antler & Nation Media Group
Antler is a Global VC Platform
Antler is a VC present in 22 locations across 6 continents around the world, with a portfolio of 500+ startups. They support the most brilliant and determined founders by investing at the earliest stage, helping startups achieve product-market fit, refine their MVP, accelerate growth, and support them in global expansion and fundraising. They have a rolling Investment Committee that can nominate a startup for investment on a monthly basis. Their team in Nairobi has generated more than 60 startups and funded 15 companies across various sectors and countries in Africa.
Nation Media Group
The Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast, and digital media, which attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda. As a brand, they are committed to generating and creating content that will inform, educate and entertain our consumers across the different platforms, keeping in mind the changing needs and trends in the industry.
Some examples of successful companies where Antler has invested include:
- AIfluence – Africa’s 1st AI-Driven Influencer Marketing Platform
- Honeycoin – A cross-border FIAT and Crypto payments platform for Africa
- Marketforce – The Operating System for Retail Distribution in Africa
- Xailient – World’s fastest, smallest Computer Vision AI
- Marco – Unleashing the big power of small business
- Airalo – The world’s first eSIM store
Nation Media Group Highlights
They believe that the development of an informed perspective enables communities to fulfil their potential. Nation Media Group creates multiple media opportunities to Inform, Educate and Entertain.
Their brands include:
- Business Daily
- TAG Brand Studio
- Kenya Buzz