Deadline: 13 June 2022.
AGE-WELL EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022 For Canadian & International Graduate Students
Canadians are ready and willing to use digital health innovations. You can help make this happen. EPIC-AT is an enhanced training platform that will prepare the next generation of leaders in digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs.
Whether you see your future in academia, industry, government or the non-profit sector, EPIC-AT will provide the skills to drive innovation in your career.
EPIC-AT Fellowships provide a minimum of $8000 to trainees and $10,000 to Early Career Researchers. Fellowships are intended to enable promising new scholars to participate fully in an exclusive 1 year training program.
The program will focus on developing new skills and providing a breadth of experience in transdisciplinary working, stakeholder engagement and co-creation, the research-policy dynamic and the innovation and implementation process. The program will equip fellows to develop, implement and evaluate digital technologies that help older Canadians with complex health needs age safely, independently and with dignity in the setting of their choice.
The expected time commitment of the training and mentorship program is approximately 50-60 hours over the course of 1 year.
These fellowships are an opportunity for trainees and early career researchers to:
- gain in-depth, specialized expertise in developing, implementing and evaluating digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs
- access to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors
- participate in value-added professional development training, internship and lab exchange opportunities
- network with a community of AgeTech researchers and professionals
- receive support to identify and attain career goals
We expect to offer the following 1 year Fellowships in this 2022 call:
- 20 Master’s, PhD, and Postdoctoral Fellowships at minimum $8,000
- 3 Early Career Researcher Fellowships at minimum $10,000
- Minimum 2 Fellowships to self-identified Indigenous trainees or ECRs
This represents the minimum value of fellowships. A number of postsecondary institutions and research institutes have agreed provide top up funding and/or travel funds to successful applicants from their institutions. Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these additional funds; no additional application is required.
Eligibility for the AGE-WELL EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022 For Canadian & International Graduate Students
- Domestic and international graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must participate full-time in their respective program at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be engaged in academic study/research aligned with the mission and vision of EPIC-AT and willing to participate fully in the training platform program.
- Applicants may not hold an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award concurrently with an EPIC-AT Fellowship.
- Forum Application Opens: 23 May, 2022
- Completed Applications Due: 13 June, 2022
- Results Available: August, 2022
- Fellowship Term: 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2022
- Funding Disbursement Schedule: 1 September 2022, 1 March 2022
- The application is comprised of an online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please note that this includes letters of reference.
- Applicants are strongly recommended to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French) using preferred word processing software. The online application portal will open on 23 May, 2022.
- Once you are ready to submit your application online, if you have not already done so, you must register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal at https://forum.agewell-nce.ca/index.php/Special:HQPRegister (the form will ask for your name and email). After you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your credentials to the email address you provided. Once you login, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after resetting your password. Please select “EPIC-AT Award 2022.” Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5pm ET on 13 June, 2022.
- Letters of support must be sent directly to [email protected].
- Notice of Admissions will be received by August, 2022. Expected start date of fellowship is 1 September, 2022