Deadline: 11:59pm UTC on 29 January 2023.
African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) Cohort 6 Application 2023
African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) is the accelerant behind hundreds of African female entrepreneurs who have transformed and grown their businesses. We are seeking the next 200 women who are ready to join our cohort for a high-impact applied learning experience.
From 16 January 2023 – 29 January 2023, AWEC is accepting applications for its highly selective leadership and business management capacity building program. This program is designed for African women entrepreneurs seeking to expand their knowledge, increase their skills, broaden their network, and make lifelong connections.
The AWEC program is rigorous and time intensive. Fellows should expect to:
- Be actively engaged in learning and networking for the entirety of the 12 month program (May 2023-April 2024)
- Spend an average of 4 to 6 hours per week participating in AWEC activities, primarily online
- Participate in at least one AWEC activity per week throughout the program year
- Be challenged, stretched, and inspired as they acquire new knowledge
- Develop skills, build their peer network, and transform their businesses
- Be matched with a mentor and take ownership of their mentor/mentee relationship
- Be introduced to a peer group and actively contribute to group discussions and activities
- Gain access to a program advisor from whom they can seek support when needed
- Respond to periodic surveys to improve the overall AWEC experience
How You Will Benefit
Upon successful completion of the 12-month program, Fellows will:
- Form connections with a diverse network of African women entrepreneurs
- Establish a relationship with a senior business mentor
- Strengthen strategy, leadership and business management skills
- Gain skills in finance, marketing, and strategy needed to grow and scale their enterprise
- Develop a toolkit of soft skills, including self-confidence, resilience, collaboration, and cross-cultural communications
Who Should Apply
Women who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Current or aspiring entrepreneurs working in any industry and in any country on the continent
- Citizens of any African country, currently living on the continent or in the diaspora
- Founders of for-profit or social enterprises
- Comfortable with remote teamwork and collaboration, especially using digital tools
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Regular (at least weekly) access to the Internet through a computer or tablet
AWEC admissions do not discriminate based on race, religion, age, disability, marital status, education, business revenue, geographic location, sector, or industry.
Please note: For those living in the diaspora, your business must clearly impact Africa.