Deadline: 19 AUGUST 2022
AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme 2022 for South Africans
Afgri vacancies – AFGRI Equipment offers an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to dynamic, self-motivated individuals with the necessary technical ability to qualify as an Artisan. This Apprenticeship Programme will allow the successful apprentices to grow within AFGRI under the mentorship of our highly experienced and dedicated Artisans.
- N2 qualification with the following subjects:
- Engineering Science
- Diesel Trade Theory
- and any one of the following subjects:
- Industrial Electronics
- Engineering / Technical Drawing
- Motor Trade Theory
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Level 4 with theory subjects for designed trade applied for (i.e., Tractor Mechanic and Technician)
- Should the applicant not have the N2 qualification, the Matric Certificate will also be taken into consideration if the applicant has subjects such as:
- Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Technical Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Physical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Technical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Engineering Graphics and Design (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
Applicants who do not have the above qualifications can undertake N2 requirement subjects through Further Education and Training sponsored by AFGRI as part of the programme.
The Apprentice’s training will include:
- Trained to be a Tractor Mechanic and Technician
- Repair and maintenance of related equipment
- Responsible for stock control
- Customer service
- General work in the workplace
- Communication Skills
- Admin Skills
- Computer literacy
- A highly motivated individual
- Attention to detail
- Team player
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
Successful candidates will be enrolled on a full-time apprenticeship contract that runs over a three (3) year period.
APPLICATIONS CLOSING DATE: 19 AUGUST 2022
AFGRI Equipment Branches across South Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the screening and assessment questions to the best of your knowledge. You might need at least 30 minutes to complete the assessment.
Learners must avail themselves for an interview and assessment process as defined by the company.
Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates with a disability must provide a medical certificate, which states the nature of their disability.
This apprenticeship does not guarantee permanent employment at AFGRI. Unemployed learners will receive a monthly stipend. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for their interest. The filling of these positions will be aligned with AFGRI’s Employment Equity Policy.