Deadline: 17 June, 2022
ACCA Strategic Planning Consultant Recruitment 2022 for Africans
ACCA ( African Coalition for Corporate Accountability) has opened its call for applications for the year 2022 for the position of a Strategic Planning Consultant. The African Coalition for Corporate Accountability (ACCA) is a coalition of civil society organizations, with its secretariat based in South Africa at the Center for Human Rights, University of Pretoria. The Coalition’s role in supporting African communities and individuals whose human rights are adversely impacted by business activities on the continent.
ACCA is seeking to hire an independent consultant to develop a 5-year strategic plan for the Coalition.
The overall objective of this assignment is to facilitate and support the development of a Strategic Plan that will:
- Revisit ACCA’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives and realign them to current trends around business and human rights and corporate accountability;
- Set the overall goals, objectives and priorities of the ACCA for the next 5 years and an action plan on how to achieve them;
- Take stock of the ACCA’s journey for the last 7 years, assessing, why the ACCA was formed, what has worked and what has not worked and where the coalition wants to go;
- Map out the various stakeholders in the field of business and human rights and corporate accountability both at regional and international levels;
- Emerging corporate accountability issues and areas where ACCA should focus for great impact;
- Map out funding priorities and develop a clear resource mobilization tool.
- Lead and facilitate the process of developing the 5-year strategy plan;
- Conduct interviews with various stakeholders including current ACCA members, networks and coalitions, partners and donors
- Development of a fully costed strategic plan
- Identification of clear organisational arrangement to meet ACCA’s goals, objectives and strategic direction
Scope of Work
The consultant will work with the Secretariat and the Steering Committee to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Lead the ACCA team in the strategic planning process, culminating in a finalized strategic plan document that reflects our mission-aligned aims, objectives, and activities.
- Facilitate the strategic planning process, with engagement from the Secretariat, the Steering Committee and other key stakeholders.
The following tasks will be carried out by the Consultant:
- Review relevant institutional documents and conduct appropriate analysis of past strategic plans, current activities, priority areas, key imperatives, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis etc.
- Facilitate group brainstorming discussions with the Secretariat, Membership and Steering Committee.
- Conduct one on one meetings with donors
- Gather and analyse input from relevant stakeholders
- Produce a finalised strategic plan
Requirements for the ACCA Strategic Planning Consultant Recruitment 2022
Required skills and experience of external consultants:
- An excellent communicator with demonstrated 5-10 years of experience in conducting similar work
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the workings of NGOs/Civil society organisations, social movements, networks and coalitions.
How to apply
- Cover letter and CV
- Inception report with a clear presentation of how the consultant understands the assignment and their approach to undertaking the entire process;
- Suggested methodology and work plan
- Proposed budget with a clear breakdown of activities and costs
- 3 references
- Fully costed proposals to be emailed to [email protected]