Deadline: 15th of May 2023.
AAU Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA) Fellowship 2023, Uganda
The Association of Anesthesiologists of Uganda (AAU) is offering two 12-month Paediatric Fellowship positions starting September 2023.
Fellows will work mainly with the Department of Anaesthesia at Makerere University College of Health Sciences and Mulago National Referral Hospital. Teaching will be provided by local faculty and visiting specialists.
PATA Uganda is locally led and supported by the World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists (WFSA), the Association of Anesthesiologists of Uganda, and experienced partners from the global surgery and anaesthesia space including Smile Train and the Vanderbilt University Medical Centre.
Applications are invited for this funded scholarship. The successful applicants will receive funding to cover accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
Preference will be given to young and upcoming Ugandan anaesthesiologists.
- Must be from Uganda.
- Must be a registered anaesthesiologist in Uganda.
- Must be supported in their application by the national anaesthesiology society.
- Must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Must be returning to a recognised post in-country.
- Should ideally be working in a hospital that provides care primarily for paediatric surgical patients.
How to apply:
Please click here to head to our online application platform to register/login. Select Chapter ‘Fellowships’ and Category ‘Uganda PATA Fellowship 2023’.
The deadline for applications is the 15th of May 2023. Please complete your application form and upload the following documents.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
Eligible applicants will be required to partake in an interview once the application period has closed. Following the interview period, successful applicants will be informed by the 1st of June 2023 by email.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the fellowship within 5 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the fellowship being offered to the next applicant.