2023 Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme
Applications for the 2023 Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme are open and will close on 30 June 2022.
Join the industry leaders if you possess strong mathematical and statistical abilities that have been demonstrated, along with an analytical mind and a problem-solving approach to problems.
The Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme offers exceptional quantitative and capital risk management exposure through bank-wide rotation opportunities over a two-year graduate experience.
The programme is an environment that enables your success through the support and access to coaching and mentorship.
The programme will also, place great value on the principles of leadership and transformation, which are firmly ingrained in our culture. Through the programme, graduates are exposed to leadership opportunities and participate in driving the strategic direction of the programme.
What to expect
- If you aspire to have an exciting career specialising in quantitative and capital risk management, joining this tailor-made graduate programme will help you achieve your dreams by opening up opportunities for you. You will have the chance to be rotated across several business areas for a period of up to two years, being extensively exposed to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as model development, model validation, scorecard calibration and stress testing.
- Even though you will join the various business units at an entry-level position, you will be treated as an indispensable member of the team. Your work will include the development and maintenance of models that form an integral part of our business processes, as the advanced risk measures produced by these models inform the bank’s decision making and strategy.
- We pride ourselves on developing global business leaders with an entrenched social awareness and a vested interest in their surrounding communities, while being part of a bank that seeks to use financial expertise to do good.
- #BeTheDifference: Corporate Social Responsibility
- To date the Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme (along with the Nedbank CA Training Programme) has raised just over R900 000 for various community initiatives, the latest being Matla Combined School, a co-ed school which caters for grade R all the way through to 12, and currently facilitates around 1 200 pupils. The quant graduates planted and established a sustainable vegetable garden to complement the school’s feeding programme.
If you have potent and proven mathematical and statistical skills, combined with an analytical mind and a problem-solving approach to challenges, apply to join the Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme and use your skills to #BeTheDifference.
To apply you must:
- Have an interest in quantitative risk management within the financial services sector; and
- Currently be registered for a postgraduate qualification in applied or pure mathematics, statistics, econometrics, engineering, financial engineering, or quantitative risk management. Other qualifications with a strong quantitative element will also be considered.