Deadline: 12 August 2022
2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) & the International Labour Organization (ILO) Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call
Applications for the 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) & the International Labour Organization (ILO) Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call is now open to eligible youth-led organizations worldwide to apply before the deadline date (12 August 2022). The IsDB) & ILO recognize the leadership that young people have demonstrated in the fight against climate change and their key role in driving climate innovation, including amid the COVID-19 induced jobs crisis. To assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment and creativity into action, the two organizations have designed this program with the overarching goal of promoting youth participation and skills for green jobs for a just transition.
- Financial support
The top three ideas will be awarded USD 50,000; USD 30,000; and USD 20,000 respectively, to implement the proposed solution.
- Technical support through an online Innovation Lab
Participation in the Innovation Lab: Through boot camps and remote mentoring, the winning proposals will receive technical support to turn, refine, develop, and pilot their ideas. The duration of the lab is between three and six months, depending on the stage of development of the solution.
- Global visibility
The winning proposals will receive support to raise awareness of their ideas and solutions, including an invitation to attend COP 27, where they will present their projects; press articles in the media, videos, among others.
- Access to a network of skills innovators
The winners and shortlisted entries will join the ILO Skills Innovation Network. They will be updated on the latest advances in innovation and skills development and get access to tools, resources and knowledge-sharing events that they can use to build new ideas and solutions
Eligibility for the 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) & the International Labour Organization (ILO) Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call
- Age limit-(15-35 years old)
- Any youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions with contractual and registered capacity that has been in existence for at least two calendar years prior to the call deadline. The applicant must be registered in IsDB – ILO common member States.
- By organizations, networks or coalitions, we mean government agencies, employers’ and workers’ organizations, cooperatives, education and training institutions (including schools, training providers, and universities), NGOs and civil society organizations, and other educational and research institutions.
- IsDB – ILO accept ideas and solutions at any stage of development. They can be early-stage innovations or at a more advanced stage. They can be ideas to improve, expand and/or promote a solution that is already being implemented. They can be the idea of a single organization or involve a joint collaborative effort of different actors, such as governments, employers’ and workers’ organisations. In case of a teamwork, a project leader should be identified to coordinate the activities and to report to the IsDB and ILO.
IsDB – ILO Target Scopes:
- Upskill or reskill youths for their effective participation in the green policy making processes for a just transition;
- Ensure peer-to-peer learning on just transitions and strengthen youth coalitions on the subject;
- Create or improve training programmes to equip youths with the technical and soft skills required for the green transition in a given sector / for a given occupation;
- Mainstream climate change into existing Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and education curricula and programmes for youths;
- Improve access to opportunities for green skills acquisition and recognition for marginalised youths;
- Support green skills trainers and training providers in becoming agents of a just transition for youths; and
- Translate employment creation, entrepreneurship or business ideas into solutions that accelerate upskilling or reskilling of youths for a just transition in the communities.
How to Apply
- Fill in the Application Form (English) (Arabic) and submit by no later than 12 August 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
- If your proposal is among the top 10 applications submitted, the lead applicant will be requested to submit an extended project proposal.
- The successful finalists must be available to attend the online mentoring training session (20 October-3 November 2022) and the online final pitch event (7 November 2022).
Interested and qualified youth-led organizations should fill the application form below: